Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Update

Well, the latest breaking news is that we have decided to wait until the last possible minute to book a vacation. We've gotten our passports (wow, I really should have asked for black and white, soooo bad!) so we're good to go. We're going to pick whatever's a good price be it Mexico, Dominican, Cuba, Costa Rica, whatever, the week or week and a half before we go. Unless I find something in the meantime, and I do check neurotically every day (hour). One option is the Gran Sirenis, a 5 star all inclusive on the Mayan Riviera I found for $5400 for 2weeks. That's doable, but it would be nice to find a better deal. If I could find a cheap flight we would be able to take advantage of my friend's parent's offer of the price they pay at the Aventura Spa Palace. Amazingly beautiful, comes with 5 star VIP treatment, airport transfers, couples mani/pedi/massage and 3 free tours along with all the normal included stuff.

Went to my friend's wedding shower in Lumsden SK this weekend. Met her family, had a great time, squished 16 hours of driving into 3 short days, but it was good. Her wedding is this weekend and I finally (today) dropped off my dress to be hemmed. Bad girl. Thank goodness for 30hr turnarounds.

No comments: